Today's Friday Five comes with simple instructions - list five things that are good. This task is not at all simple. It is important and profound and something that is incredibly necessary and really and truly should be done more often. This is not my reflections on life in general. This is my life at this very moment.
1. Hope and excitement about things to come - While I know the fears and challenges will make their way in, right now I'm thrilled to be moving forward.
2. Celebration - About two weeks ago my husband, brother, and I pulled off an awesome surprise birthday party for my step-mom's 60th birthday. I was honestly surprised that SHE was surprised, but the whole thing was wonderful and I had a blast planning it! On Monday, my sweet husband will turn 30 so we get to spend this weekend celebrating again. I'm a lucky girl to have so much love and celebration going right now!
3. Cuddles with my dogs - Because it's cold and rainy today, neither of the dogs want to be out, and I don't blame them. Instead, they are happy to sit with me. The little dog (a chihuahua) is happy to wedge herself between my leg and the armrest of the couch. The big dog (a lab mix) is on the floor next to my feet, occasionally popping up to place his paw on my leg or to put his head in my lap for a scratch behind the ears. I love these moments with these examples to me of unconditional love!
4. Rest - It's been a busy and challenging week, but today is my day of rest. It's much needed and even more appreciated!
5. Chocolate - I'm about to finish off the last of my Valentine's Day candy and it has been fabulous!