Monday, August 20, 2012

The Liebster Award

Mary Beth over at Life with the Alstons gave me a Liebster Award while I was at the Academy for Spiritual Formation. Since my internet was spotty at best and I really was trying to un-plug for the week, I didn't do anything with it right away. It kind of got lost in the shuffle of getting back, work, marriage, my birthday, and other parts of life. But I didn't forget about it, I swear! So I am finally sitting down to work on this!


Liebster is a German word and it means, sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. The award is given to followers with less than 200 followers.

So first, 11 random facts about myself...
  • I participated in an HIV vaccine study to confront my fear of needles. 
  • I've completed 2 half marathons
  • I snore. Lots and loudly. My husband actually slept in the guest room for the first few months we were married until he got used to it!
  • I hope to visit all 50 states in my lifetime.
  • I don't like most vegetables
  • I have one brother who is 25 months younger than I am
  • I am a strong introvert who needs some time alone every day.
  • I would be a student for the rest of my life if I could!
  • I am OCD about stuff matching and have been pretty much all my life
  • I always need a pen and piece of paper close by
  • My favorite colors are pink, teal, and yellow

Now, for Mary Beth's questions...

What is your favorite TV show? Top Chef or Big Bang Theory
What is your favorite place to vacation? The spa deck of the Carnival Dream
If you had $1 million to give away, what would you do with it? Some would go to the Children's Hospital, a nice chunk would go to pay for scholarships at Vanderbilt Divinity School, some to the Crisis Center and Rape Response, and the rest to the United Methodist Children's Home.
What is the first concert you went to? I think it was maybe Third Day, I don't really remember.
What is your biggest pet peeve? People who curse excessively or who are simply mean and rude
What are you afraid of? Hurting the people I love or getting in a car accident
Is there something you could not live without? If so, what? My contacts or glasses - I'm blind as a bat without them!
If you could meet anyone, who would it be? I am honestly not sure. 
What is your dream car? To be perfectly honest, I'm very happy with my little Mazda3 5-door
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? England or Nashville 
What is your favorite olympic sport? Gymnastics or Diving

Now I get to nominate folks for this lovely award! Clearly, I need more bloggy friends! Still, I love the ones I've got.

Jacklynn at The Mama Mama


And last but not least, my questions!
  1. What is something you wish you got to do more often?
  2. What is your favorite color(s)?
  3. Do you have a cause or charity that is close to your heart? What and why?
  4. What would be your perfect meal - food, setting, company, etc.?
  5. What is something you loved doing once but never want to do again?
  6. Do you have any hidden talents?
  7. If you could be remembered for only one thing, what would you hope that thing would be?
  8. Are you ready for summer to be over?
  9. Do you have a favorite scent? If so, what?
  10. What is your favorite nickname and why?
  11. What is your favorite book or author?
Rules for the Liebster Award are as follows: 
(1) Post 11 things about yourself, (2) Answer the questions that your nominating blogger has set for you and then create 11 questions for your nominees, (3) choose up to 11 blogs to nominate and link them in your post, (4) go to their respective blogs and let them know, and (5) no tag backs!

No comments:

Post a Comment