Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Packing

So we have already established that I'm a bit of a bag whore and can't have enough luggage. I'm also more than a little OCD and I love checklists and organization. So how do these two things interact? I usually start packing for any trip at least a week before I'm scheduled to leave. If it's a really big one that involves the purchase of new items, I will usually start even further out. I started packing for our honeymoon at least two months out. In my defense, I was purchasing new clothes and just wanted them to stay nice and neat in their packaging, plus with all the craziness of moving and what not I wanted to have that suitcase separate and set apart so it was one less thing to worry about. 

We are now less than 4 weeks away from our departure date for the Orlando vacation. All the reservations have been made or confirmed. I have all our important papers in one folder. I am very excited and need to be doing something for it. So I started packing! I have one more load of laundry to do now and I can get several important pieces packed. I have a very short shopping list for a few essential items that will hopefully be taken care of by the end of the week. There are only a few pieces that I will not be able to pack until right before we leave, and those will be on a note pinned to the suitcase so nothing gets forgotten. 

Yes, I am a nut. But I am, at times, a useful nut! And it really doesn't take much to amuse me!

The only thing I have left to tackle - Thanksgiving dinner!

Now, as for my trip to Chattanooga in a little under two weeks - I have not begun to pack for that. In part because I don't know what to pack! Do I dress casually or professionally? I know I'll take the computer but do I need the "grown up" computer bag? Maybe it's because Chattanooga doesn't seem quite so foreign to me or maybe because it's a shorter trip, but I'm not quite as worried about it. Then again, maybe I'm MORE worried about it so I'm putting it off. I have no idea. Like I said, I'm a nut!

No comments:

Post a Comment