Saturday, June 11, 2011

Geocaching Q&A

What is geocaching? According to the official website, geocaching is a real-world outdoor treasure hunting game. Players try to locate hidden containers called geocaches, using GPS enabled devices and then share their experiences online.

Why are you blogging about it? This is my newest hobby, and I've got to say I'm loving it. I'm all about a good treasure hunt, and this really is exciting! It's a fun thing for Jeff and I to do together, but I think I would also enjoy it by myself.

How did you find out about this? I was introduced to this by RevDrKate from RevGalBlogPals. She mentioned it several weeks ago and it got my curiosity up. I did a little digging online, and even found a free app for my iPhone. I downloaded it just to see if there was anything nearby so I could check it out before I went to the trouble of signing up online.

Have you tried it yet? As a matter of fact I have! I have found out there are lots of geocaches around in lots of different places.

Have you found one yet? Yup, sure did! I signed up online and my name is Boouge (which is actually Jeff's nickname but since we're kind of doing this together I figured that's ok!)

What is inside? Well, there are different things inside of the caches based on the size. Some are very large and have all kinds of "goodies" to trade and pass along, and some are very small and only have a small piece of paper that is the log for when you find it! All caches have to have a log. Everything else is optional. For the ones with "stuff" the general rule is that if you take something, leave something in its place.

Have you hidden one? No, I'm not ready to start hiding yet. I have a few ideas for hiding places, but that will come later.

Can I try? You bet! Get out there and let me know what you find!

No comments:

Post a Comment