Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Chicken 2.0

Last night I tried roasting just the chicken breasts. I think they came out surprisingly well. It would have been better had I had whole sprigs of rosemary, but all in all it was a dinner success.

It was basically the same recipe as before - onion, lemon, celery and carrots with rosemary and butter on the skin to make it crispy. Roast it for about an hour at 375 and let it rest a few minutes before eating.

I have been a slacker about cooking lately and it has been good for me to get back to it. The meal plan is a little off thanks to the craziness of life but here is the plan as it stands right now.

Tonight - leftovers. We have a choice of burgers, pizza, chicken, or jambalaya
Wednesday - beef stroganoff or smoked sausage and potatoes
Thursday - whatever we don't have Wednesday
Friday - probably go out for DQ  if we're not home in time for dinner.
Saturday - chimichangas 
Sunday - more leftovers
Monday - baked spaghetti
Tuesday - pizza or roast
Wednesday - pork chops 

Let me know if you want to come over for dinner! I'm excited about the baked spaghetti because I have a new recipe. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment