Sunday, February 13, 2011

A New Crossroad

Thank you for the love and prayers. Dad died Saturday morning about 5:30 am. I was at work, just as I know he wanted me to be. John was home and Catherine was able to be with him. She said it was very peaceful and I'm glad they had that time together. Visitation will be Monday 5pm -8pm at Moss-Service Funeral home. The Funeral will be on Tuesday in the chapel at Cullman Memory Gardens at 11am. The full obituary can be found through the Cullman Times.

It's been a long road, but now we have arrived at this place. This place of both grief and celebration. Of both laughter and tears. I'd love to say that the journey is over, but I know that is far from true. This is just an intersection on this particular road. We'll all keep going, although now at very different paces. On some level we were being dragged, lead, forced, pushed, and guided up until this point, but now we are on our own. We can continue together if we so choose, but the bottom line is that we will start to spread out a bit. We'll reach different intersections at different times and take different turns and that's ok.

I'm very grateful for all my traveling companions through this. You have been wonderful blessings to me and I know I couldn't have gotten to where I am without you. So now, after a brief rest, the journey will continue...

1 comment:

  1. beautifully said. I love you. And I'll see you tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete