Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Two Simple Recipes

I finally have gotten myself back on track this week and been able to do some cooking. Both of the recipes I made this week were new twists on old favorites and were SO stinking simple. And they were tasty. And I was making them after a long day of work. So pictures didn't happen. You'll just have to make them for yourself and see them (and taste them!)

The first was Parmesan baked chicken. I ate this some growing up, but haven't ever made for myself, which I don't understand because it's so stinking easy and tasty. I used thin chicken breasts and coated them in italian bread crumbs with parmesan cheese. I used the very precise measurement of "that looks about right". I just tossed some bread crumbs and cheese on a plate, then tossed the chicken breasts on the plate to coat them. No egg or fancy breading. In fact, if I'd had a big ziploc bag I probably would have just tossed the chicken in a bag with the bread crumbs and cheese so as not to mess up a plate! Then I just baked them in the over for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Yummy! The leftover piece made a very yummy sandwich for lunch.

The second was Pork Carnitas. I put a pork tenderloin in the crock pot with a can of green enchilada sauce and let it do its thing all day (probably about 9 hours) on low. I had plans to make quesadillas to go with it, but it almost didn't go that far because I was standing over the crock pot with a fork and a package of flour tortillas. I didn't even make it to other toppings like lime, cilantro, and onions, but those would be good. This will make an excellent leftover lunch tomorrow I'm sure!

As always, if you try either of these let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment