Monday, May 30, 2011

Monday Meal Plan

It's high time I got back into the swing of things and started writing more about what's been going on in my life, and thus have a little more motivation for HAVING something go on in my life! The first something I want to work on is cooking more. I miss it. I was thinking back to those first months when we were married. I was excited about "playing house" on some level and also going a little stir crazy because I rarely got out of the condo. But the one thing I did every single day (almost) was cook dinner. I generally tried to have it ready and waiting by the time Jeff got home from work and it was a really nice way to spend my afternoon.

Obviously, a lot has changed in the past two years. And while most of it has been great, I do miss making the time to cook regularly. And while this whole "working" thing has played a big part in it (and also having Jeff home all the time!) I want to at least TRY to get back to cooking regularly. And so, in order to keep me properly motivated and to enable my darling house-husband to help out, I am going to get back to menu planning. I used to do it for two and three weeks at a stretch, but that gets to be a bit much, so let's work on one week at a time, shall we? Granted, this week is not the greatest example, but it's a step in the right direction!

Monday (30th) - Smoked Chicken and potato salad (Hopefully Jeff will let me share the recipe for this one since this is his doing!)
Tuesday (31st) - Pork Roast in the crock pot with pasta-roni
Wednesday (1st) - Grilled Chicken with Rice Pilaf and Green Beans
Thursday (2nd) - leftovers
Friday (3rd) - Burgers and Hot Dogs
Saturday (4th) - Spicy Chicken Pasta and Salad (stay tuned for a recipe if this one comes out well!)
Sunday (5th) - Roast beef with mashed potatoes and broccoli with cheese sauce

Hopefully I can make this a pretty regular thing and get a little discipline back in my life! Suggestions are always welcome, and let me know if there's something you want me to share a recipe for!

No comments:

Post a Comment