Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Week 18

So a lot has happened with my list in the last two weeks! Most of this is a result of the cruise, but it pretty clearly illustrates that "getting away" and taking care of myself were high priorities when I was making this list!

#5 - COMPLETED. Ok, so when I made this list, I had intended this to be Gulf Shores. But I did get to go to the beach (twice) while on the cruise and it was lovely. I still want to try and go to Gulf Shores, but it's not as much of a priority anymore.

#7 - COMPLETED. I got a hot stone massage at the spa on the ship one day before dinner. Lawsy mercy, I needed that more than I thought! The therapist told me I wasn't carrying a lot of tension in my muscles (which was kind of surprising) but she said that getting a massage every couple of months would probably help me. I'll have to see what I can do about that...

#13 - COMPLETED. I did this as a surprise for everyone for mother's day, but also because I wanted to do it too and really, how many other chances am I going to have? We had a stretch Escalade pick us up from the cruise terminal and take us to the airport when we got back. We had an executive SUV pick us up when we got down there, but it just wasn't the same. Either way, I liked it and could get used to it!

#15 - Attempted - Another spa perk was a couple of free fitness classes. Normally I wouldn't even consider it because it's vacation and workouts and vacation generally don't go together in my mind. But I've been REALLY curious about yoga and just plain don't have the guts to find a class around here where I might have the see the same people again after making a fool of myself, so the trip was the perfect "safe" space to try it out. I signed up for a yoga class, got myself up early and showed up but I was the only one there except for the instructor. He and I just sat around talking for a while and he said he's put me in for the last class later in the week, but I had a conflict so I couldn't go. Sadness! I still want to give it a try!

#31 - COMPLETED. Jeff and I had some new family portraits made on the ship. Hard to believe it's been almost two years since our wedding and those are really the most recent pictures we have of the two of us! Stay tuned for some of these when I do a "real" cruise update or you can check them out on facebook.

#37 - COMPLETED. I did not take the computer with me. I did not borrow a computer. I did not even have a desire to use one in the hotel lobby before we got on the boat. It was actually really nice!

#41 - In Process. This is directly tied to the whole "getting pictures of us" thing, but now that we have a bunch of pictures, I'm going to get a new photo album. I'm also going to make scrapbooks for stuff, but want to have one ongoing book just to toss pictures into. I'm going to get the actual book when I go to print the pictures next week.

#68 - COMPLETED. I downloaded and read "Miss Julia Takes Over" on the boat. It was definitely better than the first one, although it was still kind of hard for me to get into. I'm warming up to Miss Julia so I think I will continue the series whenever I get a chance. I also read Devil's Food Cake Murder, Gingerbread Cookie Murder, Life Laughs, and Life of the Beloved.

#79 - COMPLETED. I really enjoy having breakfast dates with Jeff and they really don't happen that often. I wouldn't have thought of the cruise being an ideal location for a great breakfast date, but it was. We got up and went, just the two of us, for a nice quiet breakfast where we could take our time and enjoy starting our day together. I highly recommend it! Plus, there's something sweet about eating off the same plate. No, we didn't feed each other. We did draw the line at that!

#95 - COMPLETED. This was a little harder than I thought it would be. On the one hand, not having the computer made it much easier, but having access on my phone was really tempting. Fortunately, I was able to resist because of the whole cost of the cellular at sea thing. The only down side was the amount of junk I have had to filter through because it's not getting sorted on a daily basis!

So that is eight new things I crossed off my list in a little over two weeks. That brings my grand total up to 23 items in 18 weeks. Not bad at all! Still, I haven't seen a movie and want to do that...


No comments:

Post a Comment