Today's Friday Five invites us to reflect on the women in our life (or who influence our life). I've never breezed through one of these so quickly, but since I'm kind of in a rush today I figure that's a good thing. The picture is the result of a google search when I typed in "circle of women" and it seemed absolutely appropriate for this!
1. Name a woman author you very much love to read: Jan Karon. I assume the whole world has read the Mitford books, but if you haven't do yourself a favor and borrow them from me!
2. Name a woman from the Bible with whom you would like to enjoy a nice long coffee talk: I couldn't help myself and had to pick two. From the OT it's Esther, and from the NT it's Mary Magdalene.
3. Name a famous woman from history with whom you would like to have lunch: Susanna Wesley
4. Name a living famous or infamous woman with whom you would like to go out to dinner: Lauren Winner. You can see the why here.
5. If you could be a superwoman what three special powers would you like to have: The ability to fly, The ability to speak and understand all languages, and the ability to change my physical form into anything.