Wednesday, May 23, 2012

3rd Anniversary


Today is my third anniversary. I would love to say that my first three years of marriage have been everything I thought they would be, but that's not true. There are a lot of things that haven't been at all what I would have thought they would be three years ago, but I am so incredibly grateful for all of those little surprises because they have created the path to the place where I am now, and I'm pretty darn happy with that place. The best part about it has been having Jeff by my side for each and every step of this journey!

This past year has been a big one for us! A lot has happened, so let's re-cap shall we?

We discovered Geocaching - while we haven't done a ton of this, it's been fun and we're anticipating many more adventures!

Jeff built me a workbench for all of my craft stuff in the garage so I have a space of my own.

I was hired as a weekend chaplain at Children's of Alabama.

We tried (and fell in love with) Fox Valley Restaurant - If you're ever in the area of Helena, you should check them out. AMAZING.

Jeff got a full-time job as a contract worker with Southern Company! Hip-hip hooray!

I completed my CPE Residency! Double hip-hip hooray!

We went on a 5 day Western Caribbean cruise.

We did some minor renovations to the kitchen and some major renovations to the basement!

We hosted Christmas Day celebrations for my extended family.

I was turned down for commissioning again and made the decision to discontinue as a licensed local pastor.

We took a weekend getaway to Nashville.

I was accepted for the Academy for Spiritual Formation.

We finally "finished" moving in and got the last piece of furniture - a china cabinet!

We hosted Easter celebrations for Jeff's extended family.

We made some updates to the back yard including a shed, flower garden, ceiling fan, and hot tub.

I moved into the empty room upstairs and turned it into my library/meditation space.

We replaced both vehicles - Jeff's truck with an Expedition and my car with a Mazda3

We are planning a 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise for this fall.


I am really excited about embarking on the adventures of the next year! Thanks for joining us so far!


No comments:

Post a Comment