Saturday, March 23, 2013

belVita Breakfast Biscuits



I've seen the commercials for these but never tried them. I don't really know why because I like cookies and convenience. So I was a fan of the free sample of these. Here's the description that came with my box:

belVita Breakfast Biscuits are made with delicious ingredients and carefully baked to release steady energy that lasts all morning. They are a good source of Fiber and B-vitamins, contain no high fructose corn syrup, have 18-20 grams of whole grain per 50 gram serving and taste great - perfect for on-the-go! $3.69 for a box of 5 packets of 4 biscuits.

I got one packet of 4 biscuits in my box. Because of the heavier stuff in my box, a couple of the biscuits were broken, which didn't surprise me and  doesn't bother me because they still taste the same! The thing that surprised me (in a very good way) is that they don't really crumble so it didn't make a huge mess when I opened my packet. That means I give them a bonus point for portability. I hate tossing a granola bar or something in my purse for when I need an on-the-go snack and when I go to open it it's a powdered mess!

I'm funny about the textures of food, but these were pretty darn perfect in my opinion. They were thin and crisp, but not hard as a rock or super-fragile either. They kind of reminded me of an unfrosted oatmeal cookie (which I really like!) I had the Cinnamon Brown Sugar flavor and really loved them. I didn't feel super-full when I finished them, but they would definitely make a great snack on the go. I'm fairly certain I will purchase these again the next time I go grocery shopping!

On the website, they listed other flavors like Golden Oat, Chocolate, Apple Cinnamon, and Blueberry. Normally I'm not a huge fan of berry stuff or even fruit in cookies in general, but I think I'd be willing to try all of those! I'm most excited about trying the Golden Oat, with the chocolate coming in at a close second!

No comments:

Post a Comment