Monday, March 25, 2013

Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Oil Controlling Towelettes


I got these in my Sugar 'N Spice VoxBox. These were the thing I was most excited about trying. I've heard about Witch Hazel but never tried it so I was excited about being given some to try! I was especially excited that I got a whole box of them, not just one or two towelettes. This is the description given in my box summary:

Introducing Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Oil Controlling Towelettes - The soothing blend of Witch Hazel and aloe on these facial wipes rejuvenates your skin by gently lifting dirt, oil, and impurities from your pores while nourishing even the most sensitive skin. The result is a clean, refreshed and blemish-free complexion even when you're out and about. $5.99 for a 20-count box.

I love LOVE moist towelettes for cleaning my face, especially when I'm traveling. You don't need water for wetting or rinsing, just grab and go. I remember at one point they were available from several companies but lately all I've seen is the Olay ones, which is what I generally use.

I was immediately a fan of the Dickinson's simply because they are individually wrapped, which makes them perfect for keeping in a toiletry bag, purse, suitcase, backpack, or any other place! I couldn't help myself and pulled one out to try it immediately.

My first thought upon opening the packet was that there was something about the smell that I didn't really like. It didn't exactly smell bad, but it wasn't a scent I personally enjoyed either. It's hard for me to describe - it wasn't really an alcohol smell, but it also wasn't "herbal" either. Maybe it was just the smell of the witch hazel that was new to me! Either way, I generally held my breath while I used it, especially around my nose and mouth.

Because I wasn't wearing any makeup (and generally don't) I can't speak about how well it removes makeup, but that's not something it claims to do. It did leave my face feeling refreshed, although after a little a few spots felt a little drier than normal (but that may not be a bad thing!)

I do plan to keep using them. In fact, I could see myself using these even more than the others because I can toss one or two into my purse or whatever bag I am carrying when I'm on-call for getting some of the "hospital funk" off of my face, especially in the midst of a long shift or when I need to do something besides splashing water on my face to wake myself up!

In addition to the box of towelettes, I also got 5 coupons for $2 off the purchase of any Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Product. According to the coupon you can get these products at Kroger, Rite-Aid, Walmart, Walgreens, and CVS. I'm going to check Publix the next time I'm there.

Have you ever tried anything from Dickinson's? What did you think about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment