Sunday, August 23, 2009

General Update

I have been a blogging slacker lately, but not a whole lot has been going on in my life.

Birthday was nice. Thank you all for the lovely wishes. 

Last week I spent a whole lot of time in meetings. Thankfully they all went well.

I'm officially oriented and ready to start volunteering again. I'm very excited about getting started.

Work has been going well. I need to buckle down and do my ordination papers. I'm hopeful that my office will be officially cleaned out and I can use it by the end of September!

House hunting has been going very well. We went and visited several places this week. We found one that we both just fell in love with. It's a nice foreclosure that only needs some cosmetic work but is very reasonably priced, so we're really thinking about acting on it soon. It would be nice to be able to have all the work done before we want to move in. And the sooner we can get into a permanent home, the happier I will be!  (Plus if we can be moved and settled by March, I can go on vacation after Easter!) 

It looks like Jeff is going on vacation without me in a few weeks. His grandparents have a timeshare in Gulf Shores, but it's Friday-Friday so our schedules just don't overlap enough for me to be able to go with him. Oh well!

I haven't been doing a ton of cooking lately. We've enjoyed the weather and done some grilling out but nothing terribly exciting. I still haven't re-tried meatloaf yet (it's on the to-do list) and Jeff is requesting spaghetti, plus I want to try roasting just chicken breasts. I'll let you know what I come up with for this next week!

Jeff is going to be teaching again for the fall, which will be great. It's a new class that he's never done before, but I think he's really looking forward to it. 

The dogs are doing well and enjoying the nice weather. We're working on better habits with both of them. Cocoa is getting better at night and Patches is learning not to jump and how to shake. 

So that's pretty much it. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment