Saturday, August 8, 2009

Six Flags

Yesterday Jeff and I went to Six Flags with his mom, aunt, and two cousins. It was totally last minute (we got offered the free tickets at 9pm on Thursday!) but we had a good time.

I got incredibly dehydrated because it was SO hot and crowded. And I got a little bit of sunburn on my chest and shoulders. But despite all that we had a good time. We road a few things and walked around. It's been a long time since most of us were at Six Flags so it was interesting to just see the park and how things have changed. 

When we got home I was thinking about how a trip to a theme park (or any kind of family outing) teaches you a lot of good "life lessons." There were two in particular that came to mind - patience and compromise. Not only do you have to have patience when you are waiting in line, you also need it while you are waiting for people riding something you don't want to ride. Compromise comes into play on most every family anything because there will always be differing opinions about what to do and when to do it. You just have to go with the flow and look forward to doing your thing!

Normally I'm a planner. I like to know ahead of time what is going on. Especially if it comes to doing something big like a trip. I've only ever taken a couple of these last minute trips. But every time I do they are a lot of fun. I don't have any bad memories or experiences of disaster that have come from any of these little day trips. Perhaps I should do them more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment