Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Frog Song

In elementary school, my music teacher taught us this very cute little song about a frog who wanted to be an alligator. I loved it. And everyone I knew loved it. But I haven't thought about it in at least five years. I really can't remember when the last time I thought about it was, much less heard it or sang it.

And yesterday morning, I woke up and my first thought was "Why can't I be an alligator?" which is the first part of the chorus. And I've been singing/humming it ever since! 

I put it on my facebook status this morning and it's amazing the comments I've gotten! It has been so much fun to remember this withe everyone. And you can't help but smile when you hear it.

So you need to go listen to The Frog Song. It will make your day, I promise!

3 comments:

  1. I attended East Elementary in 85'/86' and have fond memories of singing the Frog Song with Mr. Clemmons. Found your post on Google and appreciate the link so much. It's a great song and still has me singing along even after all these years.

    Thanks to early inspirations like this, I'm still in music today; www.RobertJohnstonGuitar.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That song was awesome, and clemmons is awesome for it! Nostalgia!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Clemmons was the bomb thank you so much for reminding me of this

    ReplyDelete