Sunday, August 14, 2011

Fox Valley Restaurant

I finally got around to trying Fox Valley Restaurant in Helena with my step-mom, brother, and husband for my birthday dinner. HOLY HECK! I can't say enough good things about this place! It's rather unexpected being attached to a gas station and all, but oh it's such a gem.

We started out with a bottle of Pinot Noir which was fantastic. We've all become red wine drinkers somehow, which is a good thing. We didn't do appetizers. All our dinners came with salad but since I don't eat salad I got the cheddar cheese and ale soup instead. My soup was SO amazing! It was seasoned really well, had just a little bit of bite to it, and although it was nice and creamy and perfect, it wasn't so rich it was just overpowering. YUMMY!

For dinner, I had the "steak and cake" which I heard lots and lots of people ordering. I totally understand why. It's a fabulous filet and one of their famous crab cakes with a delicious brown butter sauce. Jeff and Catherine got the seafood sampler, which had a crab cake, crab claws, grilled shrimp, and grille scallops. They both enjoyed it very much. John got the rack of lamb with polenta and some kind of really great sauce. I had never had lamb before and so trying a bite of John's was really great. We didn't get any sides, and John's was the only entree that came with any. Really, we had plenty to eat without them, but next time I would like to try the potato gratin.

As if we weren't full and happy enough with that, then came dessert. I had key lime pie. Catherine got vanilla creme brulee. Jeff got Bailey's chocolate chip cheesecake. John's was the surprise of the evening with a sour cream apple pie. I'm normally not a fan of apple pie, but this was really fantastic!

There wasn't a single thing that we could complain about. The atmosphere was great, the service was fantastic, and the food was AH-MAZE-ING! We will definitely be back! I absolutely recommend it. Even if you don't live in the area, it's totally worth the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment