Sunday, August 21, 2011

Key Lime Pie

I recently realized that, although I have referenced my recipe for no-bake key lime pie, I never actually posted it. Since I made a pie for my birthday and have had several requests for the recipe, I decided that maybe it was finally time for me to share. This is pretty complicated, do you think you can handle it?

Ingredients:
2 blocks cream cheese
1 can sweetened condensed milk
approximately 3/4 cup key lime juice
1 prepared graham cracker crust

Directions:
Add the first three ingredients to a bowl
Mix the heck out of them
Pour into pie crust
Refrigerate overnight

A few helpful hints:
You can buy key lime juice in a bottle. I went hunting it at a gourmet market, but have since found it at Publix.
You don't have to fool with a measuring cup for the juice. About half the can of sweetened condensed milk comes out to be about right. Just taste it!
The cream cheese mixes a little better if it's room temperature, but it'll do fine if it isn't
I have had better luck mixing with my immersion blender than with my stand mixer.

No comments:

Post a Comment