Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Week 31

I have really been slacking on my 101 list, or at least slacking on my updating. I can't believe it's been 9 weeks since I sat down and really thought about this! Alas, this crazy thing called life gets in the way of all sorts of plans. So without any more excuses, I give you my update

30 - I think I have actually done this one, although I wasn't intentional about paying attention to it, so it will stay on the list for a while longer. Not being on call at night for a month has really helped that! I'm definitely not the night owl I used to be!

34 - still haven't done this but I've made a step in that direction! I bought a Groupon for a cooking class at Cafe de Paris downtown, so now all I have to do is find a Saturday to use it!

53 - I don't know that it's technically "learning to use", but I have participated in the use of the new sliding compound miter saw (which I don't like at all) and the belt sander (I'm learning to appreciate this one!) Next up is the staple gun, which I think will take care of crossing this one off the list!

54 - still haven't done this one, but at least now I know what I want to do and have pretty much everything I need to do it, I just need to make the time and actually do it!

73 - COMPLETED - I never would have thought the garage would be my new permanent craft space, but it's been fabulous and I'm loving it!

77 - COMPLETED - this summer and all the storms have given me lots of good opportunities for this. I'm glad I've taken advantage of at least one of them!

82 - COMPLETED - Yup, that's right. I have a real job as a real chaplain! I'm a weekend relief chaplain at Children's Hospital. I won't officially be on the schedule until October, but I'm hired and official. I start orientation next week!

98 - COMPLETED - Yes, I know my birthday isn't until next week. But I got myself a fabulous present - a necklace from Cute as a Button that says "Beloved" on it. I adore it and wear it every day!

100 - COMPLETED - I finally got around to reading the first Harry Potter book. I loved it and now can't wait to read the others! I devoured the whole thing in less than 24 hours, so something tells me I'm going to need a few days where I can do nothing but read to get the others done (especially the last few!)

So there you have it, a fully updated account of what I have been doing with myself. According to my count, I've completed 33 of the things on my list, which means I've got about 1/3 of the items done in just over 1/4 of the time I have. So, that bodes well for me! Now to keep it up...


No comments:

Post a Comment