Friday, January 6, 2012

My first crafty-creation of 2012

I feel like i have shared the gloriousness of Pick Your Plum before, but if you haven't checked it out yet, please do! Quite a while back they had an awesome deal on colored twine, but I had no idea what I might do with it so I didn't get any. Then I saw the cuteness that is gifts wrapped in brown paper and twine, and I was all over it. Later, another twine deal showed up on PYP so I was all over it!

I'm giving the credit for this to Pinterest, but I don't have any pins like this on any of my boards so I have no idea if this is actually where I found this or not. No matter. It's mine now and I love it! Another little tip I am almost certain came from pinterest but have no proof of that, is the idea of using a sugar container to store your twine. You run your end up through the little hold in the top and just pull what you need! My spool is just a bit too wide to fit in my little container, but I figure one or two more wrapping jobs and it'll be perfect!

In the midst of all this cuteness, I found myself on the hunt for cute gift tags. I found and downloaded lots of free printables thanks (again) to pinterest. But I wasn't really digging any of them if for no other reason than I didn't have a ton of colored ink in the printer. But then it hit me - check my cricut cartridges and see if my basic shapes has a tag on it. And it certainly did! There were several, actually. But even better than that, I found the "charm" function which will add a little loop to the top of any letter, number, or shape. Perfect!

One thing I worried about was getting the tape to stick because the paper was pretty heavy and stiff. I used gift-wrapping tape and it was fine, but I also had some glue dots which I think would have worked just a well and you wouldn't have seen any tape on the underside. In the future I think I may use contractor paper, which I believe is not quite as thick and stiff, but it comes in much bigger rolls and I didn't want to shell out for that if this ended up not being as cute as I thought it would be!

I have a few other ideas for expanding on this, but you'll have to wait to hear about those! (And I'm sorry for the lack of picture. When I try to load it, it's huge! So check it out on my facebook page or just stay tuned for future attempts!)

No comments:

Post a Comment