Sunday, February 21, 2010

Happiness is...

It takes very little to make me happy. I'm very easily amused and the simplest things can make my day. Today I had one of those days. The weather was beautiful and perfect and it seemed like the neighborhood was buzzing in just the way I've always felt like it should be. The kids across the street are playing basketball, the teenagers next door were playing with one's car and their dog. And then there was the most glorious sound - THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!

I love ice cream. And I love the ice cream truck. I didn't go flying out the front door as soon as I heard it. I thought about it, but decided not to humiliate myself. But then as it just sat there and served several other people it's song hypnotized me and I did indeed go flying from the front door! I even got my favorite ice cream bar, a chocolate eclair crunch bar. So yummy!

I don't know why it is that having an ice cream truck in our neighborhood (especially one driven by a very sweet young woman) excites me so much. Maybe because I just love ice cream. Maybe because I have pleasant memories of my own childhood and the ice cream truck. Maybe because I got to see several of the families I haven't met on the block. Maybe because I just associate it with being a kid-friendly, family-friendly area. I don't know. But it makes me really excited and it just makes this feel that much more like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment