Wednesday, February 24, 2010

my Favorite Things - p.7

Because I probably spend far too much time messing around online, I have found some pretty fantastic websites. Here are a few I adore.

The Pioneer Woman - I don't care who you are, you should be checking out her blog every single day. I think the whole world would be a better place if everyone got a daily dose of Ree Drummond!

OneWed - It's primarily a wedding planning website, but the forums are a neat and very diverse community. I'll admit it, now that I've recovered from my wedding, I am back to living vicariously through others!

Reece's Rainbow - an organization that works primarily for the international adoption of kids with Down's Syndrome. It's a great cause and is full of photos of beautiful children that just melt my heart.

Pfaltzgraff - Yup, shopping. More specifically, nesting. They're always coming out with cool seasonal additions to my china pattern, so I'm always adding stuff to my little list of things I want!

Zuma - it's an incredibly addictive game. It involves quick response, coordination, and strategy. You should try it. Then try to beat my top score!

Dreamhome Source - Jeff introduced this one to me because he uses it when he teaches his basic autocad class. It's got TONS of house plans. When I'm really bored I look at the stuff with a minimum of 10,000 square feet just to see what comes up. It's a little crazy. There are lots of good ones though! I have a few that I've marked as my possible lake house one day!

You will also notice there are a few that are missing - Facebook, MySpace, and Amazon to name a few. I like Amazon pretty well and I like Facebook ok. I really dislike myspace. REALLY dislike it. As for blogger and livejournal, they are great tools for keeping up with my friends, but if it weren't for them I probably wouldn't bother with either just for the sake of throwing my thoughts into cyberspace. I'm sure there are others that I frequent, but they don't jump out at me and aren't favorites.

So what are the sites you find yourself coming back to again and again, even when you know you should be doing something else?

1 comment:

  1. I love PW and have a feeling that Dreamhome Source might become my new addiction. Here are my suggestions:

    #1. Confessions of a Young Married Couple - I'm one of the first in my circle of friends to get married, so we're sort of in uncharted waters, but sometimes, you just need to hear how other people do it. My solution is reading CYMC(http://marriageconfessions.com/). It's a blog written mainly by Katie, a full-time working wife and mom, but there are also regular posts by her husband, and a separate section about her adorable baby. I think I'd like to be PW when I grow up, but I really relate to Katie right now.

    #2. Lifehacker (http://lifehacker.com) - LH offers tips and tricks "for getting things done." It has a lot of random cool tips, many of which I would never use and some that I would, lots of them software/technology/productivity related. An interesting read at any rate.

    #3. Shanty2Chic (http://shanty2chic.blogspot.com/) - Blog written by two sisters. Chronicles their attempts (successes!) at DIY and heavy crafting. Several of their projects have won awards.

    #4. Knock Off Wood (http://knockoffwood.blogspot.com/) - Written by a furniture-obsessed DIYing Alaskan. She basically finds awesome furniture at places like Pottery Barn, designs plans and gives tutorials for creating knock-off pieces. Most of the plans allow for complete customization to fit individual needs.

    ReplyDelete