- Who was the first friend you remember from childhood? Tyler Richard (Who is now Tyler Gaston). Our parents lived across the street from one another when we were born and we did everything together until we were in about the 5th or 6th grade. We always spent the night with each other on the weekends, and on Saturday nights at her house we went to Mass with her family and then if we were at my house in Sunday morning we'd go to Sunday School and church with my family.
- Have you ever received an unexpected gift from a friend? I have gotten lots of great, unexpected gifts from friends that are both tangible and intangible. I think some of the most meaningful came around the time of my mom's death - Cookies from Betsy, Lauren and Justin coming to visitation, Ms. Tammy making me enchiladas, Morgan coming to the funeral, Deanna taking me out for chicken fingers after I was back in Nashville. These little things meant the world to me!
- Is there an old friend you wish you could find again? Or have you found one via social media or the internet? I would love to find my friend Audrey from when I was in first grade. We lived in Jacksonville at the time and she lived right up the street from me. I don't remember her last name and it's very possible she's married now so there's really no telling if I could ever find her on facebook or anything!
- Do you like to get your good friends together in a group, or do you prefer your friends one on one? I love getting groups of friends together, but my friends often come from such diverse groups and parts of my life that it can sometimes be hard to get all of those together on some common ground. I do enjoy one-on-one time as well. I just love any time with my friends!
- Does the idea of Jesus as a friend resonate with you? Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. I seem to resonate more with the idea of Jesus as a big brother than as a buddy, but I can definitely get on board with both, depending in what kind of mood I'm in!
Friday, October 22, 2010
Friday Five - Perfect Blendship
Today's Friday Five asks all about friendship. I've been very blessed to have some fantastic friends throughout my life. Although I was never one for quantity, I am pleased to say that the friends I had were the best! This picture is of me and my two bestest buds "across the pond", Sam and Kathryn!