Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Favorite Things - p.39

I have been hunting for inspiration for some new favorite things, and since that seems to be the only thing on my mind lately, I decided that I would give my favorite things that inspire me!

Nature - More specifically, nature in motion. Flowing water, leaves fluttering in the breeze, a hard working ant, flowers as they bloom and grow. It all seems to prompt me in new and unique ways of thinking and experience that can then inform what I think about whatever else is going on in my life.

Conversation - It's pretty obvious to the people that know me that I enjoy talking. But I also really enjoy listening and observing. I love to have conversations, but I also love to simply be a fly on the wall for the conversations of others! Sometimes it is the particular subject matter that inspires me, but often it is simply the interaction as a whole that gets my wheels turning!

Passion - Seeing someone do something that they feel strongly about is inspiring to me. Perhaps because I need a little bit of that fire before I am able to really create, or maybe simply because the world seems to lack so much of that these days. Whether it's a child trying so stinking hard to sell something, or a person standing up against injustice, it's hard not to be inspired in the face of that kind of energy!

Memories - especially photographic ones. And not all of them are pleasant. But sometimes it is the memories of those experiences that we require to be able to work towards something better or to learn from that experience. As much as I love to think of inspiration as something warm and fuzzy, the simple fact of the matter is that some of the greatest inspiration in life came from something that needed to be changed!

Where do you find your inspiration? Perhaps one of your inspirations will also become one of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment