1. Where will you be on Thanksgiving Day? With whom? Jeff and I will be heading down to Montgomery to celebrate with my mom's extended family. It'll be a little bit strange not having either of my parents there, but although it's not a "typical" family with clearly defined biological connections, it's still mine and I love them!
2. Are there any family traditions or memories associated with Thanksgiving? As a kid, we used to do a marathon road trip - Thursday and Friday were spent with Dad's family in Atlanta. Then on Saturday we'd get up and drive down to Montgomery where we'd spend two days with Mom's family. After high school that all sort of fell apart, especially since I worked retail! We're still in the process of establishing our own traditions now. My favorite memory was two years ago when we spent Thanksgiving with Jeff's parents and grandparents in Orlando. His grandmother still says that was her favorite vacation she's ever taken, and I'm pretty close to agreeing with her!
3. What will be on your Thanksgiving menu? As I'm not cooking, the only thing I know for sure is turkey, dressing, and cranberry sauce. Other standards are generally mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes (and something green that I generally don't eat so I don't remember if this changes or not!) Honestly, I would be happy with grilled cheese sandwiches as long as it means time with my family!
4. Are you trying anything new this Thanksgiving? This is the first Thanksgiving in probably 10 years where I haven't had "stuff" going on - work, school, illness, death, vacation, or who knows what else! I'm planning to just take it easy and soak it all in!
5. What is the weather forecast like? I had to look it up, but right now it's looking like Sunny with a high in the mid-60's. Hooray for Alabama sweater weather!
What are your plans for Thanksgiving day? (and the whole week for that matter!) Let me know what you'll be up to!