Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Jalapeno Popper Dip

This summer Jeff and I decided to plant some jalapenos in the garden. I put one little plant up near the kitchen and for the most part, that was all we needed. Jeff put several plants down in the big garden and we suddenly found ourselves over-run with peppers. Jeff wanted jalapeno poppers. I made them, he loved them. I like the cream cheese in the middle but am not interested in the pepper outside. So I started thinking about it, and decided to give the dip a try.

I mixed a block of softened cream cheese with about half a cup of sour cream (you could probably also use mayo), one diced jalapeno, and some cooked and crumbled bacon. Then put it all in an oven-safe dish and bake.

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. It needed something. I'm not sure what, but I'm guessing extra spices. I have some left over, so I will probably continue to play with it for at least a day or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment