Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Week 45

I'm very close to halfway done with this little adventure, and so far I am pretty pleased with the progress I have made.

30 - I've marked this one as completed. While I can't say beyond a shadow of a doubt that I have made it into bed, lights off, on my way to sleep before 12:00 am for 30-31 consecutive nights, I feel that I have done what I set out to do with this goal. The goal was to develop new, healthier habits for myself so that I wasn't falling back into my student ways of staying up all night and sleeping all day or just plain not getting enough rest. While there are the occasional evenings where I am up late (usually the result of being on call) I am generally in bed and often am asleep before even 11 pm. Even when I get to sleep late, I am almost always up before 8 am. I generally get 8-9 hours of sleep every night, which is good and healthy.

40 - I accomplished this more quickly than I thought I would and I have a feeling there will be even more to come. I was going through some of the stuff in the garage and before I knew it had a huge stack of books to be given away. I am regularly purging myself of stuff. It seems like every time I step into my closet, I am looking for something else I can give away. I am working hard to develop the practice of giving away two old things for every one new thing that I acquire. It's much easier to do with clothing, but I really want to extend the practice to everything in my life.

63 - We went to the BSC homecoming football game on Saturday. It was kind of neat being back on campus, but it just doesn't compare to Auburn football (Sorry Panthers, I still love you lots!)

A few other items that continue to be in the works -
8, 9, and 10 - These are all on track to be completed by Christmas. Wow!

15 - I'm hoping to add yoga to my weekly routine beginning at the first of the year. We'll see how that goes!

19 - I'm digging into this one now. I've missed my deliberate "me time" and this will be really good for me! I was pretty vague on the requirements for this one, so I'm going to say at least twice a week for six months because that is not so ambitious as to be impossible when the intensity of life picks up again!

26 - I'm digging into this one, too. I've already finished one (The Scarlet Letter) so I've got two more to go. I've got three on my Kindle right now - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, The Phantom of the Opera, and Uncle Tom's Cabin. I think I'm doing Alice next!

34 - This is going to have to happen in early December if at all possible. I've got the groupon, I just have to use it!


No comments:

Post a Comment