Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Menu

I'm in charge of cooking Christmas dinner for my family. I'm so excited! I love doing stuff like this. This year there's an added challenge of Christmas being on Sunday morning and that means I've got to do church. We're having our church service at 10 am so we can all get home a little earlier, but I wanted to keep this very simple so I can enjoy the day!

Turducken - This is my step-mom's contribution. I think we're all a little curious to try this! It includes stuffing so that's taken care of, too. All the prep should be done so all that is required is baking.

Beef Tenderloin - I found a recipe that says to grill it on high heat for about 25 minutes, then wrap it in foil and let it rest for about half an hour and it will finish cooking itself in the foil. We'll see how it goes! (If all else fails, we'll throw it back on the grill!)

Garlic Mashed Potatoes - I'm doing my own version of "semi-homemade". I'll probably test drive this one in the not-so-distant future.

Green Beans - quick and easy. Not complicated.

Macaroni and Cheese - prep the day ahead and bake the day of. Easy Cheesy!

Roasted Sweet Potatoes - another quick and easy one. We're forgoing the sugared and crusted casserole in favor of simply seasoned and roasted sweet potato cubes.

Balsamic Onions - cut in wedges, wrap in bacon, drizzle with balsamic, and bake.

Cranberry Sauce - from a can (because it doesn't count without the little rings on it!)

Turkey Gravy - from a jar (because I'm lazy and won't have drippings to use for homemade anyway!)

Horseradish Dijon Sauce - easily made the day ahead

Gorgonzola Port Sauce - also easily made the day ahead

I'll probably also have some sort of cheese appetizer. It may be a cheese ball, it may be a dip to go with crudite, or it may be a baked cheese and herb spread. We'll see how I feel closer to time.

I promise to provide "real" recipes eventually, and I'll try to remember to link back to this post, but just check back after Christmas to find out how it went!

No comments:

Post a Comment