Friday, December 16, 2011

Friday Five -To Do List

It's been a few weeks since I've done a Friday Five, but this seems to be the perfect one to get me back into it! Today we are invited to share some things still left on our Christmas to-do lists. This year my list is much longer than normal. I'm usually done with everything around October, but this year has been unusual (not just this Advent/Christmas season, but the whole flipping year!) So here are my things I still have left to do.

1. Finish wrapping gifts - a few things are still arriving and need to be wrapped

2. Put up the tree - This really should have been done almost a month ago, but since we have been waist deep in renovations, I didn't feel like trying to learn new techniques for dusting a decorated tree! We have the decorations up outside, just nothing inside yet!

3. Finish my elf-ish duties - I have been tasked with picking up a few things for various family members and ordering the food for a Christmas Eve party, so I need to finish that up. Today I may attempt to do it with a toddler in tow!

4. Get the carpets cleaned - Thankfully, this one got scheduled yesterday, but it'll be another week before it's actually done. Ah, the joys of having everyone over!

5. Baking - I haven't done any. Normally I don't do a ton, but this year I wanted to do SOME. I may scale back considerably when I see what next week looks like!

Bonus - My friendly reminder about the whole point of all this is my Christmas sermon for this year. I'm actually pretty proud of this one (and have borrowed a little inspiration from a friend whose first son was born at about 4:30 am on Christmas morning a few years ago). I will probably post it after the dust settles, so check back if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment