Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Week 65

This week I decided to update on a few things on my list that I am finally ready to cross off, not because they have been completed but because they have not, and will not, be completed before the end of this 101 weeks.

1. Having a child - I am not currently pregnant. I do not anticipate becoming pregnant in the immediate future. Because a normal, full-term pregnancy is 40 weeks, baby would have to be WAY early to come in before week 101, and I hope and pray that does NOT happen. I think this is the one I've grieved the most. More on this is coming, so stay tuned if you're interested.

4. Get commissioned - you may remember back in December when I found out I would not be interviewed by the Board of Ordained Ministry and therefore not be commissioned. Yes, it's taken me several months, even knowing this, to be able to cross this off my list. Instead, I'm looking forward to living into my Season of Sabbath.

25. We anticipated writing a will to be necessary because of #1 (having a child). No kid means no will right now.

64. - I don't know if I'm just not on the e-mail list anymore or what, but I realized too late that I had totally missed the dinner for this year. Maybe next year, but not before the end of this project.

83. - Because I won't be commissioned, I can't start the APC board certification process.

85. - Although Jeff is open to going back to school someday, it's not in the cards right now. This seemed much more possible (and necessary) during his long unemployment, but now that he is very happily employed, this can wait.

There are several other things that I put on the list thinking they would be related to one of these (like knitting a blanket, learning to quilt, and making a needlepoint picture) and while they may not take the form I had originally thought they would, they're still things I'd like to at least try before the end of this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment