Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Bags

If you know me, you know I have a thing for bags. It started out just as purses. But it has expanded to include tote bags, suitcases, backpacks, and almost any other kind of bag! 

When I was in high school, I was known for my "momma purse" because I was ready for just about anything and had almost anything anyone would need in it!

While I was in college and then in grad school, I rarely carried my purse, but I had my backpack/school bag ready for a variety of situations.

Now, I have several bags. The first is my "regular" purse. The second is a big tote bag full of "work" stuff that I call my portable office. I keep a notebook, a couple of folders of important papers, a bible, this year's preaching guide, a calendar, a church directory, and anything else I think I might need that I can take with me. 

Over the years, I have gotten very particular about the kinds of bags I like. For a purse, I want to be able to put it across my body. I want it to be big enough to keep a bunch of stuff in it, and I prefer it have a few pockets that I can organize things in. In backpacks, I want nice padded shoulder straps and lots of pockets also. For a suitcase, I want something lightweight, if it's big enough I want wheels. Even smaller bags, I want something to zip all the way. 

My number one requirement for everything is that it be durable. If I have something, I'm going to use it. And I want it to last. I don't want to have to worry about it getting thrown around being loaded onto a plane or a cruise ship or getting in and out of the car. And because I expect quality, I'm willing to pay for it. I don't like spending tons of money, but I'm willing to do it. But to make that sale, you have to be able to give me exactly what I want. Because if I can't get it from you, I will go somewhere else!

I recently found a bag that I absolutely love the style. It is a small (carry on size) duffel bag that has a hard bottom. The only ones  I have found are kind of cheap and are in funky patterns. While I love a little funky every now and then, it's just not what I'm looking for. The closest thing I have found in a similar style that is more durable is much larger, and part of the appeal of this one is the fact that it's so small! Alas, I shall keep searching!

No comments:

Post a Comment