Monday, March 22, 2010

Comforts of Home

I will be the first to admit that I am rather prissy. I don't like to be too terribly uncomfortable. I know what I like and generally enjoy having access to these things. I am not one to "rough it" in the true sense of the word. I have become almost infamous among my friend for my "Momma Purse", which is ready for any adventure that may be encountered. I try to be prepared for anything without going too overboard.

I also enjoy traveling. Although the actual travel part (particularly driving) often requires some serious advance planning on my part to keep me sane and comfortable, I am no longer the type to want to bring everything I own with me. I am not one to bring half my wardrobe and everything off of my bed at home. I am not terrified of hotel sheets and other people's showers. That is part of the adventure! It's only for a short period of time.

However, I am discovering that I am quite spoiled. My preparedness is slipping. Maybe this is because I no longer travel as often as I once did. Maybe I am letting my guard down and trusting other people a little bit more. I am not entirely sure. But something has changed in my perceptions of the world and my experiences. I still have to decide whether or not I like this shift.

I may just have to start taking my own pillow and an extra pair of sweatpants any time I travel!


No comments:

Post a Comment