Monday, March 8, 2010

Makeover

I have come to the realization that I'm not a great blogger. Not because my content isn't riveting (just play along with this delusion for a while longer, pretty please) but because of cosmetics. It's just kind of boring to look at. I'm not great at including photos in my posts and thus it is just a sea of words.

I was all set to at least throw up a few random photos of our newest "housewarming" gift, a beautiful stained glass light fixture for the foyer from Jeff's grandparents. But alas, the fates are just not wanting to make that an easy thing for me to do. I promise it will happen eventually, but for now just trust me when I say it's beautiful.

Since I couldn't immediately fix the absence of photos I decided to add a little color to my online world through a background. Since I'm not tech-savvy enough to create something like this on my own, I "borrowed" it from a site called Cutest Blog on the Block (see their little tag on the top?) It's very me, don't you think? I actually tried out several and tweaked it quite a bit before I settled on this one but am pretty pleased with the results.

In the meantime I will try to be better about including pictures on more of my posts, especially my favorite things. I've never been one to hunt around online and use other people's picture (or stock photos) but perhaps I should. We'll see what happens there. It'll all depend on getting my memory card reader to cooperate.

Let me know what you think of my new look, and I will see what I can do about posting pretty things to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment