Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Favorite Things - p.15

I'm just going to admit my dirty little secret (which is really not much of a secret)- I'm not a trendy person. I don't keep up with fashion. I don't spend a ton of money on clothes. I prefer function and comfort over fashion and appearance. And for the most part I don't get overly attached to clothes. But I do have a few items that can be classified as favorites, so here they are.

"Save the Ta-Tas" shirt - Breast Cancer was never really one of my "pet" causes when I was younger, but it does hold a special place in my heart because my mother-in-law is a breast cancer survivor. I love this shirt not just because of the cause, but because of the fun way it supports the cause. It also doesn't hurt that it fits great and is very soft and comfy.

CJ Banks jeans - I have a hard time finding jeans that fit and are comfortable. Probably because I'm cheap and don't want to spend more than $50 on a pair of jeans. As a result of this little personal conflict, I hardly ever traveled in jeans (preferring instead to wear stretchy pants or shorts) But these do indeed fit very well and are very comfortable. The ultimate test for me was 1) they don't fall off my butt and 2) I can ride in the car for 2+ hours in them without feeling the need to unbutton them. These do both. And they look pretty cute too. They kind of show off my butt, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing!

Old Navy gauchos - I got 1 pair to take on the honeymoon and fell in love with them. I don't really love wearing shorts so this was the best of both worlds for me. Super comfy, super light, and still let me get my feet wet if I want! Plus they were cheap, which is always a plus. I have looked and can't find any more, but I'm going to keep searching.

Coldwater Creek travel knit - I stocked up on this travel knit stuff before I went to England the last time because it's neutral, nice looking, and doesn't wrinkle. It's also very comfy. It is somewhat loose fitting and lightweight so it stretches and even when I probably could use a larger size, it doesn't really look it. I wear it more than I probably should in the winter and it's not very warm, but that's more a reflection on me than the clothes!

Yellow Box flip-flops - I was never one for "expensive" flip-flops. I didn't particularly care. the $3 jobs at Wal-mart suited me just fine. Then somewhere along the way I got picky and discovered that flip-flops that don't have plastic on them are just much more comfy! Plus lots of my cheap ones fell apart on me which wasn't cool. I do indeed have about 3 pairs. I can usually get about 9-12 months out of them before they start needing to go to the "ehh" pile. There's nothing really wrong with them by that point but they are often stained beyond washing, scuffed up and/or knawed by the dog, and just no longer in pristine condition. I'll still wear them, but by that point if they need to be discarded I won't be too heartbroken. Pretty much whenever they go on sale at Belk, it's my indicator that maybe I should start looking for a new pair. I may end up with two new pairs this year. I'm torn between the "dressy" sparkly ones and some with yellow flowers.
Thing One hoodie - I got this as my birthday present to myself when Kathryn and I were in Orlando during the Tropical storm and it was cold and raining. I needed SOMETHING and I liked this. It was cute and made me smile. It still does. I wear it almost everywhere. It was my "winter coat" for the last two years! And people are always asking me about it. This is the design, but not the shirt (obviously).

What are some of your favorite items of clothing? Why do you love them?

No comments:

Post a Comment