Thursday, April 29, 2010

Playtime

I don't quite know what to do with myself. I think I have finally established a schedule that works for me. On the one hand I am thrilled because I really do thrive on order and schedules and plans and preparation. On the other that has just NOT been my life for over a year now. I ALWAYS had something that had to be done. I always felt like I was playing catch up.

Don't get me wrong, there is stuff that I could be doing, like unpacking the boxes in the basement. I probably will attempt a little of that before the day is over. But there is nothing that DEMANDS doing right now.

I really do get a lot more work done at the church than I do trying to work from home. I'm just not as distracted at the church. True, it's not as easy to do things online, but the essentials (like returning e-mails or looking up a phone number) CAN be done. Plus I'm not tempted to play on facebook or anything else and things get done pretty quickly.

My sermon is prepared. I have a plan for Sunday school. I have all my notes typed and printed for the VBS meeting on Saturday. I have the movie for Saturday night. The house is clean. The beds are made. The laundry is done and put away. The dishes are done and put away. I have a plan for dinner.

Now I think I'll watch a movie and do some knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment