Thursday, January 28, 2010

Calling All Artists

I have decided we need some new artwork for the new house. Don't get me wrong, we have some nice stuff now. But I would like something a little different for our living room. Although it's not exactly "early american dorm room" it doesn't look as put together as I would like. Sure the artwork sort of goes with each other, but it doesn't really go with the new sofa. We'll leave the cheap area rug out of the discussion for now...

The sofa is a brown with some sort of rusty undertones. The walls are painted beige. There just isn't a lot of color going on. The art we currently have displays lots of dark green. I'm not opposed to dark green, but I don't just love these particular flower pictures.

I like flowers and nature prints. I would probably choose them over something a little more abstract and modern. But these just don't do anything for me.

Because of the texture of the sofa, I feel like the throw pillows need to be a print rather than a solid. I haven't found anything I love yet but I'm leaning away from stripes and I don't think polka dots would be quite what we are looking for. That pretty much leaves floral patterns, which I think will do fine. I haven't got anything in particular in mind yet. I feel like I can pick the art and then use it to choose the color/pattern for the pillows.

Now, because I am Anal Annie about matching, I'm not sure how I'll feel about floral prints and floral patterned pillows. It might be a bit much, even for me. Especially if they're very different. I think it would bother me.

I'm not opposed to something neat and abstract, just so long as it's not TOO out there. So if you have something you want to sell or know of a place where I can get something good, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment