1) I want to be an organ donor if at all possible. If they can't be used for transplant, use them for research. Take whatever you want, I don't need it anymore. Use what you can to help others.
2) With donation usually comes cremation, but that is ultimately Jeff's call. If he wants my remains to be buried and that is possible, then bury me. And please keep the casket simple. I don't need embroidery and gilding.
3) If there is a casket, just put a small spray of flowers on it. Something happy with pink and yellow. And please try to avoid the lilies.
4) Instead of sending flowers, make a donation to a charity.
5) Remember me with laughter. And food. And perhaps a "restorative cocktail". (If you need an explanation of this read "Being Dead is No Excuse")
6) I know that I am somewhat obligated to have a "church" funeral/memorial, which is fine. I don't care which church. But please make the burial a family thing only. Even if I'm cremated, bury the ashes and put a small marker. I don't have a particular place picked out yet. If we haven't gotten plots yet, let Jeff pick a spot.
7) I don't have many strong feelings about music. Whatever floats your boat. BUT - if someone allows "How Great Thou Art" I will have to haunt you forever.
8) Somebody please make Jeff some fried chicken for lunch after the funeral
Thank you for your cooperation in these matters.