Sunday, August 15, 2010

Boboli "Beat BBQ Boredom" House Party

We had our house party on Saturday. The rain put a bit of a damper on everything. We were able to grill, but had to do it inside the screened porch. Because of this, everyone else was inside, and we were running back and forth so it was a little awkward. Plus, the grill was only big enough for two pizzas at a time, but it ended up working out because by the time we got the next two done, the first two had been eaten up! For this reason, I don't have any pictures to share. I know, I'm slacking! But on to the important part, the verdict on the pizzas ...

Veggie on Whole Wheat Thin Crust - We used red bell pepper, mushroom, red onion, banana pepper, and olives. The peppers came from our garden and we used the Boboli red sauce. Everyone really enjoyed it and it was gobbled up pretty quickly. Mamaw admitted that she didn't expect to like it but was pleasantly surprised.

Caramelized Onion on Regular Thin Crust - This one was really well received. I wish I'd put a little more cheese on it, and maybe had some sort of sauce, but it tasted really good. I'd do this again as an appetizer or something!

Pepperoni on Regular Crust - This was the most basic because it was the Boboli tomato sauce, pepperoni, and cheese. I didn't get to try it, but it got gobbled up pretty quickly too.

Cilantro Lime Steak on Regular Crust - This was everyone's favorite. I used my homemade salsa in place of pizza sauce, pepper jack cheese. lime marinated steak, with red onion and green chiles on half and sour cream as a topping after it was done. I may seriously have to make more of this!

Honey Mustard Chicken on Whole Wheat Thin Crust - This was the only pizza that had any left. It wasn't really bad, but it was just sort of ok. That, combined with the fact that it was one of the last ones we made, was probably the reason it had some left. It had honey mustard in place of regular pizza sauce along with mozzarella cheese, grilled chicken, and red onion. I think it was a little on the bland side. I don't know that I would make it again.

Rosemary Chicken and Potato on Regular Thin Crust - Everyone seemed to be both a little bit scared and very intrigued by the idea of putting potatoes on a pizza, But I love it and it was gobbled up! This was a recipe I found online (and tweaked a little) that was supposed to be like the California Pizza Kitchen creation that has since been discontinued. I'd make this one again, but I don't know if anyone else would really love it like I do. The sauce itself was a big hit, so maybe without the potatoes (or put the sauce on some pasta!)

Stay tuned! Over the next couple of weeks I will be posting some more specific tips on grilling pizzas and the recipes for these pizzas as well! As always, let me know if you have any questions or comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment