Tuesday, August 10, 2010

House Party 1.3

It's almost party time! Who's excited? I am! I'm really having to fight the urge to "test" one of the pizzas now!

I went to the grocery store yesterday to get all the stuff for Saturday. I used my host coupons and got six pizza crusts at Publix. Two were the regular crust, two were thin crust, and two were whole wheat thin crust. I really wanted to get some of the personal size so people could make their own if they wanted, but sadly Publix didn't have any of the personal size so we'll just have six big pizzas. The crusts were $4.39 each for the regular and $4.59 for the whole wheat. Not bad at all!

I had planned to make my own tomato sauce, but I decided to use one of my coupons for the Boboli sauce instead. It was only $2.39 for 3 packets (that are so conveniently the right size for the pizza crust!) I'll use the red sauce for the veggie and pepperoni and have one left for whatever. The others will have other (or no) sauce, but you'll have to wait until later to get the actual recipes for those!

I had a few things already that I didn't have to buy, but when everything was said and done, I spent less than $45 for all the stuff to make six large pizzas and I'm anticipating having some left overs! Not a bad deal at all! Stay tuned for pictures and recipes of the blessed event!

No comments:

Post a Comment