Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My Favorite Things - p.32

Here are a few of my favorite things about my birthday this year

Feeling loved - Maybe I'm a little vain or a little selfish, but I really love getting messages from people. It makes me feel so special and loved, and that's a wonderful thing.

Getting mail - I guess I am perpetually six years old, but I get so stinking excited about getting mail. It's especially nice when it's something personal, just for me! It seems like my birthday is the best time for that, although Christmas cards are a close second!

Sleeping late - I got to sleep late Monday. Not all day by any means (in fact, sleeping "late" for me is now 9am!) but it was great to not have to be up and go anywhere or do anything.

Cold Stone Creamery - Founder's Favorite with cheesecake ice cream in a chocolate dipped waffle bowl. Who needs cake when you can have that?

Seeing family - This is the first time I can remember that I have gotten to see all of my immediate family, including my brother, within a few days of my birthday. Even some extended family got in on the action, which was nice!

My new toy - I got myself a new "toy". And it's not anything I would have ever guessed I would want or be excited about, but I couldn't be more thrilled. I got an archery set! Normally my gifts to myself are very domestic (and I will probably still get something like an immersion blender or a snuggie or something) but this was wild and adventurous in every sense of the word. Stay tuned to see how this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment