Saturday, August 7, 2010

Witness

Normally I don't like to get into the politics of religion (or of anything for that matter) but when something crosses the line into hatred, it gets my attention, and not in a good way! If there is one thing in my life I have absolutely no patience for it is hatred and ignorance. I know that actually sounds like two things but in my experience one is never very far from the other.

I don't know what you have heard or read about the Dove World Outreach Center (and I know several of my regular readers have already seen this) but I would strongly encourage you to read this article. Dr. John Thatamanil was one of my professors in Divinity School and while I can't say I loved his class (no offense Dr. T, it was my last semester and I didn't love much of anything!) I do really respect him and enjoy his speaking and writing. This article in particular articulates beautifully what I, and I am sure many others, have been thinking and feeling without nearly as much clarity and focus!

If you haven't seen it yet, read it. If you know of someone who could benefit from it, share it. Bear witness to love and justice.

Thank you for your time and attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment