Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday Five - Birthdays

Today's Friday Five lets us talk about a topic with which I have a love-hate relationship. I don't want to be a birthday scrooge, but I just don't like them that much.

What are your feelings about celebrating birthdays, especially your own? - Birthdays for other people are fun, but I absolutely HATE celebrating my birthday. It never fails, something always goes horribly wrong and it's just a nightmare. If anyone ever watched Mad About You, there was one episode that highlights the ways Jamie has tried over the years to give Paul a fabulous birthday, with each year failing more miserably than the last. That's pretty much how things seem to go for me, so I'd just as soon not even go there...

Do you have any family traditions about birthdays? - Not anymore. We used to always go out as a family with the birthday person picking the place, but that got stopped about my 21st (another rant for another day!) One tradition I would like to start with our children would be birthday outings/trips in place of parties. We'll see how that goes...

Is it easy to remember friends/family members birthdays? If so, how do you do it? - I'm not great at remembering lots on my own, but I do keep pretty good records. And facebook is such a huge help it's not even funny! Now if only I could stay one step ahead and actually MAIL cards on time...

What was one of your favorite birthdays (or unhappiest?) - Really and truly I don't have a favorite or happiest birthday that I can remember. I have lots of really unhappy birthday stories but those just kind of make me feel like Debbie Downer so I'll just say that, as of right now, I don't have a favorite birthday. Maybe one of these days I can change that, but right now I'm not holding my breath.

Post anything else you want to share about birthdays - I'm not a huge cake person, I'd much prefer to just stick to the ice cream! And the picture is of me at my second birthday party. I wish I could find a dress like that in my size now, it was cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment