Monday, June 7, 2010

Chick-Fil-A Spicy Chicken Sandwich


Chick-Fil-A has now unveiled their newest offering, the spicy chicken sandwich. I believe the regular cost is $2.99 for the sandwich (not sure about combo price increases). I was lucky enough to get to try one for free last week, thanks to a special promo they were running.

I must admit, I was a little bit scared about trying it. I love my Chick-Fil-A, I grew up on the classics, and I really wasn't sure how I felt about anyone messing with it.

For the most part, I was pleasantly surprised. It had a really nice flavor. It was a little spicier than I would prefer personally, but I'm a wimp when it comes to heat! The spicy chicken sandwich was wonderful in its simplicity - just like the original it's no frills, just a couple of pickles. I probably would have preferred to have a large fries and coke instead of the regular size because I needed a little help toning down the spice at times. Perhaps I just need to add some ranch or find some other sauce to help me manage it!

One lovely new option is the ability to add pepper-jack cheese to your sandwich for an additional $0.30. I believe that cheese has been offered on a few other sandwiches in the past, but has never been something I was especially interested in trying. I think for my personal preference, adding the pepper-jack cheese to a regular chicken sandwich would be just the amount of kick I can handle!

This sandwich is made for people like my husband, who prefer their food to be a little more "exciting". Jeff absolutely loved it, and I believe he as a new favorite item! I enjoyed my free sandwich and am looking forward to having this exciting option, but don't see it replacing my old favorites.

But don't take my word for it! Give it a try and decide for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment