Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday Five - Running Late

Today seems to have been a day of running late for lots of things. Thankfully, I'm not the only one, as the Friday Five reflects.

Do you tend to be a late person or one who is timely, arriving on time or earlier? If I can, I like to be at least five minutes early for anything. Being late bothers me. Even if I'm right on time, I feel like I'm late.

Have you forgotten anything of importance lately? Not that I am aware of at the moment. I did realize a few minutes ago that I didn't pack a flashlight for camp, but I'm going to fix that shortly! I guess the big test will be tomorrow to see what I forget to take with me!

Is procrastination your inclination? Why or Why not? Generally not. As I previously stated, I don't like to be late. I generally don't like to be rushed either. Procrastination seems to lead to both of those things. I like to plan and prepare. (and just for the record, it's only classified as procrastination when there is an obvious deadline. otherwise, it's just dragging stuff out, when I do have a tendency to do!)

Do you like schedules or spontaneity? Which works better for you? I'm very much a schedule-driven person. However, when I am able to give into spontaneity, I generally have a very good time. It is somewhat anxiety-producing at the outset, but usually ends well. Why I can't let that help me become more of a spontaneous person, I'll never understand. I just like to know what's going on!

How do you stay on track with the things you need to do, people you need to meet, etc.? I have a big calendar that is just perfect. I've tried the phone thing, the computer calendar, and the day planner, but the big picture is what does it for me! I really love the UMC worship planning calendar because I can have everything in one place and it's absolutely perfect!

Bonus: Whatever comes to mind about forgetfulness or lateness. To me, lateness is easier to forgive than forgetfulness. I can understand being late on occasion, but it is one of my biggest pet peeves when it becomes a habit. I don't like people having to wait on me. I don't like feeling rushed. I like a little "wiggle room" in my schedules, especially where new experiences are involved. I want more time than I'll need to get to where I'm going. I don't want to have to get stressed about traffic or worried because I had to circle the block looking for a parking place. To me, it's a respect thing. Not only for the person I am meeting with or the activity I'm participating in, but also to myself. To my ability to relax and enjoy myself and be fully present in whatever it is I am doing! I like to be able to know what's happening and what's needed and be able to have some sort of tangible measure of progress and record of happenings. Blame it on the OCD or simply on my quirkiness, but it makes the world a happier place for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment