Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My Favorite Things - p.23

These are a few of my favorite ways you can make a difference in the world around you

Donate Money - This one seems pretty obvious. There are lots of great causes out there that do lots of great things and all need financial support to keep going and doing the things they do. Even loose change can go a long way toward making a difference.


Give Blood - Yes, I have given blood before. I was 17 and in high school. I can still show you the little hole in my arm if you would like to see it. Despite my fear of needles and all, I'm glad I did it. I'm not eligible to donate anymore but it really is a wonderful thing to do. It makes such a huge difference!


Plant something - Plant a tree if you have room. Plant a pot of flowers or herbs if you don't. Invest in a topsy-turvey full of tomatoes or strawberries or whatever else you like. Green things are not only beautiful, but they help the air quality. And even a little pot of something on your front steps or in your living room can make a difference.


Write a note - It could be a "hey I've been thinking about you" e-mail, a "hope you have a wonderful day" text, an "I love you" on a piece of an old envelope hidden in a pocket, or a "thank you" on your good stationary. Write a note to someone and make their day!

Pick something up - It seems so simple, but we so often don't do it. We walk past paper, cans, bottles, whatever that has been carelessly discarded on the ground and we think about the evils of littering but how often do we actually pick the thing up and carry it to the nearest trash can? Go on, it takes three seconds!

What do you like to do to make the world a better place?

No comments:

Post a Comment