Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday Five - Summertime

Today's Friday Five invited everyone to post a list of five things you love (or don't love) about summer. I've already posted a few things I love about summer, so let me post a few things I don't love about summer

1. Chiggers - I absolutely love summer camp (and I will be posting lots about camp) but I don't love chiggers. I don't think I got too many chigger bites this time around, but the summer is still young...

2. Humidity - I love sunshine but I don't love the heat and humidity of summer in the south. It even makes it hard to breathe! I definitely don't like going out in that mess!

3. Crowds - I love kids, but I hate that so many parents can't control them. And when kids are out of school for the summer, life gets a little crazy and it makes me cranky.

4. Pests - snakes, mice, skunks, any of them. I don't like them at all!

5. Sunburns - I don't get burned as often as I once did, but it still does happen on occasion and I am not a fan!

So is there anything that you don't like about the summer time?

1 comment:

  1. You should summer here; rarely any bites, low humidity (low temperatures - a nice day here is mid-70s), not as crowded as our kids only get 6 weeks summer vacation, no snakes etc. but I can't help with the sunburn!

    What do I dislike about summer? That it's only a 6 week vacation! Work or otherwise, I'd rather have summer all year round - I HATE winter, fall and spring.

    ReplyDelete