Thursday, July 15, 2010

Chocolate Pound Cake

This was always a family staple, especially for beach trips. I got to eat it every day for breakfast and it still holds a very special place in my heart. Since we were going to the beach with Jeff's family, I decided that it had been far too long since I had a chocolate pound cake and I should make one. While I was at it, I decided I should also make one for some wonderful folks at camp after I got back from Branson. (Theirs is the one in the picture!) I'm lazy, so I just got around to getting this all together, so here it is!

It's so stinking simple, hopefully you have all this stuff just hanging out in your fridge/pantry! If not, you probably should!

3 cups flour
3 cups sugar
2 sticks butter
1/2 cup shortening
5 eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
4 Tbsp. cocoa powder

Mix it all together, then bake in a tube pan (angel food cake pan) at 325 degrees for 80 minutes. Make sure you let it cool before you flip it out! Then enjoy it with a big glass of milk!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds good and so simple! Why an angel food cake pan instead of a bundt pan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it doesn't really matter, that's just what my family has always used! We never make angel food cake, so it's just "the pound cake pan" to us!

    ReplyDelete