Friday, July 2, 2010

Friday Five - A Church That...

Today's Friday Five challenged us to consider the type of church we would like to be a part of of. I have thought of this many times before but have never verbalized it, so here goes!

I want to be a part of a church that welcomes and loves ALL persons, simply because they are also a child of God, not because of what they look like or can give/do for anyone or anything except the kingdom of God.

I want to be a part of a church that does not fear death because of their absolute faith in the truth of the resurrection and feels free to rejoice in all of life because it is not the extent of our story.

I want to be a part of a church where every single person is recognized to be called by God to their own unique ministry of the gospel and is more interested in making true disciples than preserving members.

I want to be a part of a church that is motivated by passionate worship, a desire to change the world in which we live, and experiences of the kingdom.

I want to be a part of a church that is not distracted by petty differences but remembers the principles of unity, tolerance, and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment