Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Dinner

I'm sure we've all heard the hypothetical question - "If you could have ___ people over for dinner (living or dead), who would they be and why?"

Well, because I'm the world's most indecisive person and because I don't want the pressure of being star-struck in a smallish setting, I have chosen for myself the number of guests as five. Plus, my dining room table will on seat six comfortably. Yeah, I'm a planner like that.

As for the who, this is what I have come up with.

Susanna Wesley - she is an awesome, amazing, kick-butt woman I would love to meet. I just want to know how she was able to do all that she did with the same 24 hours in a day that I have (and many fewer modern conveniences!)

Ree Drummond - aka the Pioneer Woman. She is also an awesome, amazing, and a kick-butt woman I would love to meet. I want to be her when I grow up! (Well, except for all the manure and calf nuts, although I guess I could get used to it and to be fair, that's not exactly what she dreamed of when she grew up either!)

Patrick Dempsey - he would make the group photo so much prettier. And I really do think he has done some really great things with his fame and fortune, so he tops my list of favorite movie stars at the moment.

C.S. Lewis - have mercy this man is brilliant. He just knows how to phrase all the important stuff of life. I have a feeling we would have similar senses of humor.

Chef Tom Colicchio - he has led such an interesting life and been to some great places. And of course we could talk food!

Of course, you can't have a great dinner party without a great dinner, right? So what would I serve? I'd do a potluck! You can tell a lot about a person by the dish they prepare/bring. Plus, it's a great conversation starter!

As for what I would prepare, I sort of feel that, as the hostess, I should make the main dish. I think something simple would be best. Maybe a roast chicken or even beef tenderloin. Desert I would have to buy. No doubt about it! I'm thinking something from Savage's Bakery, although a Strawberry Pie from the All-Steak might be nice if the berries were in season.

I don't think outside entertainment would be necessary, although if anyone came in a limo I would suggest we all pile in and go cruising because I'm just a dork like that!

So there you have it. My dinner. Who would you invite to yours? What would you serve? Have you ever even thought about it? Discuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment