Monday, May 31, 2010

Salsa

Today Jeff's family is having a little get together out at the pool, and I'm contributing my homemade salsa to the festivities. I have taken PW's Salsa and tweaked it just slightly. I hope you'll be as pleased with the results as I was!

1 lg (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
1 sm (16 oz) can fire-roasted tomatoes
1 sm (16oz) can Rotel
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup diced onion
1 chipotle pepper in adobo, sliced
1/2 cup cilantro
1/2 lime juiced
1 tsp. taco seasoning

Just toss everything into the blender and pulse it until there are no more big chunks and you can't resist the temptation to dive in! It really does get much better if you let it sit for at least an hour!

If you want to make your own tortilla chips, cut corn tortillas into sixths or eights and fry in 325 degree oil for about 5 minutes in small batches (basically one tortilla at a time). Drain them on paper towels and salt if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment